• User selectable 22 different horns and 8 bells
• 28 accessory functions allowing more sound control than ever
• Programmable individual sound volumes
• Programmable for either 2-digit (1-127) or 4-digit (1-9999) addresses
• Compatible with NMRA DCC standards
• Complies with Part 15 of FCC Rules
Bob Lacey –
I love this drop in decoder for my Kato F unit, Sounds Great at a good price…..Will buy more.
Chris Palmisano (verified owner) –
Excellent products and great service.
Jon L. –
This is a great decoder for the price! I have installed 2 of my own and installed 4 others in other TCSME members Kato engines. The selectable sounds files draw visitors to our museum display glass which is a good thing for donations!
Dan (verified owner) –
Installed one of these in a Kato F7A unit just to see how it performs. Very nice low-speed response; barely crawls at speed step 1 on my Digitrax system. Good sound for the price. Thinking about trying one in an F7B but wondering if it’s OK to trim off the LED as you would on other decoder brands.
Douglas R. –
I’ve installed several XL Systems decoders. I have installed one each of this decoder in a Kato F7 A & B. I cut the light off the B unit install, and repurposed the LED for another project. I’m ordering another of these right now.
John L. (verified owner) –
Installed several of these with ease into my Kato F7As. Great price, sound and volume!